What is BICS?
BICS is a national organisation constituted in 1995, dedicated to providing a national forum for the societiesin Ireland’s Universities, Colleges and Institutes of Education. The Board is responsible for the promotion of interest in the activities of Irish college societies and of contact and co-operation between them.
During the course of the past eleven years, the Board has met many of its objectives, in particular the exchange of information, and most successfully, the inauguration of the National Society of the Year Awards. BICS also acts as an information resource and support mechanism for society administrators throughout the country promoting the sharing of ideas and the implementation of best practice.
Check out the Benefits of joining BICS
1. To provide a national forum for the administration and governing bodies of college societies.
2. To foster contact and exchange of information between these aforementioned groups.
3. To promote contact and co-operation between the societies under their administration.
4. To promote the interest of College societies throughout Ireland.
5. To promote the improvement of society support and facilities throughout the third level sector.
6. To increase knowledge of Societies in third level by research and surveys.
7. To provide support for societies in the third level sector.
Group shots from our member colleges at the BICS Awards 2017