The BICS AGM will take place next week on the 30th November from 12.00 – aprox 15.00 in DIT Angier St, Dublin, tea and sandwiches will be provided by DIT.
We would encourage a staff and student representative from each college to attend and use their vote It is also a great opportunity to meet with the staff and students in other colleges. Please reply confirming your attendance asap to email@example.com
All colleges who are members of BICS have one vote each and it is important that your college is represented at the AGM. The meeting is key to the operation of the board and there are important issues/decisions to discuss as well as an election of the 2012/2013 committee.
There will be an election for the following positions for 2012/2013. If you wish to run for a position but cannot attend the AGM please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org by 13.00 on the 29th Nov.
Positions available on the Executive. Note each college also has a staff and student representative on the BICS Board.
- The Chairperson shall preside over meetings of the Executive and the Board, act as spokesperson for the Board, and supervise the overall running of the Board.
- The Vice Chairperson shall assume the duties of the Chairperson in his/her absence and shall be responsible for research and development.
- The Treasurer shall collect subscriptions, be responsible for the handling of any other monies of the board and the keeping of true and accurate accounts of the Board’s financial affairs. The treasurer shall present annual accounts at the AGM.
- The Secretary shall convene meetings of the Executive and the Board, formulate agendas for such meetings, keep minutes at such meetings and any other relevant records, handle the general correspondence of the Board and Executive.
- The PRO shall be responsible for publicity, and the issuing of press releases as may be formulated by the Board and Executive. The PRO shall be responsible for advertising the awards and ensuring effective publicity following the awards.
- The Webmaster shall be responsible for maintaining and updating the website and approving any articles that are posted to the site.
- The Membership development officer –shall be responsible for the recruiting and integration of new members to BICS
- The Training Development Officer – shall be responsible for co-ordinating training opportunities and co-ordinating the forum
- A maximum of Four Students Representatives shall represent the views of students to the executive and shall perform duties as required, from time to time, by the Board.
- A Maximum of four Ordinary Committee Members shall perform duties as required, from time to time, by the Board.
The Awards Coordinator shall be the Board member with the responsibility of organising the BICS National Society Awards and shall be appointed by the executive.