Inter Collegiate Events
How to Enter
• Create a Facebook Event share it on the BICS Facebook page.
• Send the details to your rep at least one month before your event, who will upload it to the BICS Calendar. (This is wavered for any events happening before November 20th 2014)
• Get at least 3 other colleges involved
• Have a competitive element.
• The public can participate as spectators only
• Within two weeks of your event complete your short report and send it to your rep to up load to your event on the calendar.
• THAT’S ALL!!!
How the Winner is Picked
• Each of your 3 BICS reps will have 3 votes (Your 2 board member, one staff and one student plus your BICS Networking rep)
• You cannot vote for your own college
• Top 3 events will be short-listed for an award
• Each of the 3 nominated events will receive 2 free tickets for the Awards Ball
• A panel of judges will choose the winning intercollegiate event for the 3 events nominated for the award
• The winner will be announced on the night of the Awards.
• The intercollegiate event must be open to all colleges in Ireland, (you can not refuse any 3rd level college entry but in practice it is understood that not all colleges may have the required Societies to enter.)
• The Award can only be for an event run by a recognised society of the institution which is recognised as a society by BICS
• The event may be organised by one or more society.
Tips for Organising Events
Here are some tips for successfully running an Event. Download Here
Here is the BICS Ultimate guide to Safety. Download Here.
Here is a safety event check list to help you adhere to Health & Safety guidelines. Download here