Please find below the nominee handbook for the 2015 BICS Awards. This will guide you through the process entering for an award
3pm March 16th 2015:
complete application for Best Intervarsity and e-mail as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, your event must be on the BICS Calendar on bics.ie.
Noon, April 8th 2015
Programme details for the BICS Awards must be filled in by all entrants.
Noon April 10th
Final numbers for Awards banquet tickets must be submitted and individual attendees registration completed.
Noon, April 13th 2015
Completed application form must be uploaded to the BICS portal.
Noon, April 15th 2015
Three printed copies of the application form as well as a copy of the portfolio must be presented in The Sheraton Hotel, Athlone.
11 am, April 15th 2015
Adjudicators arrive, training and judging of application forms and portfolios commences.
11 am, April 16th 2015
Nominees arrive and interviews take place in The Sheraton Hotel, Athlone.
DAY OF THE AWARDS
Thursday 16st April 2015
- 10.30am: Registration from 10.30am at main desk, collect your lunch voucher.
You can register at any time before 12.45pm. Note only your BICS designated contact is to register and collect all your vouchers and awards wrist band.
- 11.00am: Nominees Introductory Talk and Welcome
- 11.45pm – 1.00pm: and 1.30pm – 3.00pm Interviews will take place in various rooms in the hotel. See signs or ask BICS staff for details.
Be at your designated interview room 5 minutes before your allotted slot. Each college must select a BICS coordinator who will report to the main desk and be responsible for their own nominees attendance at the interviews and will be the contact point with BICS staff in the case of any emergency.
- 12.30pm – 2.30pm: Lunch for Nominees collect your voucher from your BICS designated contact.
- 1:10pm: Group photo opportunity all must attend.
(Note if you are travelling a long distance and are arriving late you must be in the Hotel by 12.45pm to register and participate in the photo. You must let us know your time of arrival when registering on line)
- 15pm – 4.45pm: Nominees’ presentations to their peers
- Both large and small colleges together.
- Best Society in a Cultural or Social Field
- Best Society in a charity or civic field.
- Most Improved Society:
- Best Event:
- Best New Society:
- Best Civic Contribution:
- Best Individual & Best Fresher informal session:
Nominees in the other categories are welcome to attend a session of their choice.
7.00pm: Reception & Photo opportunities
7.30pm: Awards Ball and Banquet (collect your wristband from your BICS designated contact.)
DJ & Photo Opportunity (for each college group watch the screens for your slot)
Live Band – Transmitter & DJ
All Applications must be up loaded by Noon on April 13th and 3 copies of each in Athlone by Noon On April 15th